It’s finally pedicure season 2013 and I’m ready to show off some of my favorite new colors on the beach, on the streets, and just about everywhere!
I’m definitely an Essie gal because their colors are fun, their names are creative, and most importantly the polish lasts. I hand selected a few of my favorite 2013 colors from the different Essie collections and I’m ready to share. No matter what kind of mood you’re in, this summer will be brighter and better with a good pedicure and a polish worth showing off.
Now that you’ve got a few fabulous pedicure polish selections, here’s a few everyday sandals to make those colors pop this season!
Say hello to spring’s casual espadrilles because they are hotter than ever and super comfortable to boot!
From TOMS amazing designs, to the infamous Chanel and even Gap’s latest collection, you can’t go wrong with adopting this footwear trend. It’s the must-have shoe of the season composed of canvas and a fibrous sole for comfort and wear-ability. With a variety of prices and prints to choose from, your espadrilles options are endless.
Here’s a few of my favorite espadrilles shoes! Share your favorites with me on Twitter #espadrilles @LexWhatWear
(Click the images to shop the products!)
Jennifer Morrison in a body suit? Hold the phone!
Last night’s award show was jam-packed with stars in their best sheer dresses, bold pattern mixing, and a lot of leg. Let’s just say these famous guys and gals were definitely not afraid to show a little skin on the carpet.
From Madonna’s #nopants fishnet look to Kesha’s surprising “normal” little black dress, the Las Vegas strip was filled with a lot of good fashion and few style uh-ohs, too!
The Billboards showcased a few of my favorite musicians and singers (Ed Sheeran & The Band Perry I adore you), as well as some amazing modern-chic, style combos as seen below. PS – Taylor looks good in Kentucky blue.
(All images from OK Magazine)
#TGIF! Yes, the Friday 5 is back and just in time for summer!
Although I am super sad that the North vs. South collaboration has ended (as of last Friday), I do believe that we will be back in the fall for more collaborating and style action. For today, the Friday 5 is preparing for all things summer. That means: get ready for Lex What Wear to bring the heat!
The next few friday’s we will be trend tackling and covering the must-have items you need for the season. Today’s list includes some of my favorite summer handbag trends, and accessory trends to keep your eye on. I’ve collected 5 items that I think we can all say we “want” or “need” for summer 2013. I’ll be keeping my eye on that Zac Posen bag in the #1 spot of course.
(FYI: You can shop all of the items below by simply clicking the image!!)
Have a summer trend you want me to cover on Lex What Wear? Email me: firstname.lastname@example.org!
1. Carry-All Bag
3. Embellished Clutch
4. Saddle Bag
5. Convertible Backpack
What I’m Wearing: Forever 21 Top (Similar HERE), Forever 21 Necklace (Similar HERE), H&M Pants (Similar HERE), Nine West Heels (Similar HERE), Ring Created By Lex What Wear.
You know what they say, “opposites attract”! Well if you ask me, the black and white fashion trend has never been so sleek, chic, and complimentary. The graphic elements of this color way presents a look that’s cool, modern, and definitely assertive. B&W style is coveted by many including celebs, stylists, reporters, and runway designers. If you ask me, there’s just something so reassuring and comfortable about the clean/simple lines of black and white. I recommend a colorblocked black and white look or try adding a pop of color like gold, pink, or turquoise in my case.
Have you rocked a B&W look recently? Share your pics with me on Instagram @LexWhatWear #blackandwhite
WORK THAT TUCK GIRL!
It may be a thing of the past, (think 1970′s for a second) but it’s no longer the newest “nerd” trend. A tucked in shirt is revolutionary for bodies everywhere, and I’m calling for a major comeback! Why? It’s the best shape creator on the planet and with it’s new re-defined ways, it can totally change your rules for dressing. Today I’m sharing a few simple ways to take this style approach and turn your jeans & t-shirt look into a cool, chic style you’ll take with you from season to season.
(Images from Pinterest)
The Front Tuck
Let the sides & back hang loose. Take a few inches of the bottom of your blouse and “tuck it in” for a front-tuck look!
The Full Tuck
You can flatter your waistline by blousing out your top once you’ve “tucked it in” your bottoms all the way around!
The Side Tuck
You can achieve this easy, gathered look by taking one side of your top and “tucking it in” leaving the other side to rest naturally!
Bye-bye basic black pants, hello cool white jeans!
It’s time to pull out your coveted white denim because this summer trend has officially gone mainstream. Yes, black may have the beloved slimming effect, but white jeans are cool for those warmer summer days. When you see just how good your white denim pairs with nearly every blouse in your wardrobe, you’ll be feelin’ the white-hot effect, too!
This denim trend has made its mark in the fashion world because of its versatility and style-ability. Not only do your white jeans work for daytime, they look great for a night out, too. You can also style your white denim with an assortment of shoes; a flat sandal, a fun wedge, or a summer sneaker are my picks. And with Old Navy’s wide range of white denim pieces, you’ll be able to mix and match your favorite pair for a different look all season long.
I chose to style the Old Navy Diva Skinny for my pre-summer look! I loved the fit and feel of the jeans, and I even felt like I had a little booty in these! (TMI — but totally true.) Plus, the jeans look insane with nearly all the colors and choices in my closet. I think the bold blues and reds really pop with my white pants.
Go ahead and give this trend a try, and check out Old Navy’s white-hot selection! Send me your looks so I can share, too @LexWhatWear on Twitter.
This post is sponsored by Old Navy. Check out Old Navy’s latest fashion lineup in store or online at oldnavy.com.
What I’m Wearing: Old Navy Cardi (HERE), Marc Jacobs Clutch (Similar HERE), Old Navy Sleeveless Blouse (HERE), MIA Wedges (HERE), Old Navy White Jeans (HERE).
No matter your local, this summer, it’s all about the PERFECT PAIR!
From the most popular music festivals to street style spotted nearly everywhere, I’ve learned that there’s simply nothing hotter than a great tee and a pair of shorts to match. Even more on trend this season… an old-school graphic tee styled with a high waisted pair of shorts.
Not sure you can pull this look off? Every guy and gal deserves to look good and feel good in an outfit combo like this! Tees like these (pictured above) can literally be found anywhere right now (Forever 21, Urban Outfitters, and even Target)! For the shorts, it’s all about the fit. Thank goodness our high-wasted and structured shorts are in style. A structured short can fit all body shapes, and sizes. You just gotta follow a few rules.
1. No booty cleavage, PLEASE!
2. Forget the size on the tag for once and make sure they fit!
3. Be versatile — make sure your shorts pair well with several tops in your closet!
Obsessed with this trend too? Here’s a few more shorts & tops to try.
Oh-La-La… PRINTS! This mix-match combo of springs most coveted prints might just be my favorite collaboration we’ve done yet. It’s a bitter-sweet moment because I adore these gals, follow their work, and love their style; however, this is the last week of the North vs. South Blogger Challenge. All who “say I” to bringing back this challenge next spring (or even in the fall) leave a comment below and maybe we can give this another go.
For our final HOORAH we decided to go for it, and play with some fabulous prints. The goal was to take two different, trending prints and style them together for one cohesive look. My prints are two of my faves: bows & polka dots! Next time I decide to mix patterns and prints, I may dare to mix in a whole lot of color.
Feeling print-friendly too? Try mixing your patterns, and see what you come up with! Send your looks to me on Twitter @LexWhatWear and I’ll share with the entire North vs. South gang.
What I’m Wearing: New York & Co. Leather Jacket, Forever 21 Polka Dot Blouse, Forever 21 Bow Skort, Nine West Heels.
Lex What Wear – Mother’s Day Gift Guide 2013
1. A Diptyque candle is an ah-mazing gift, especially for mom! Despite how wonderful it smells, it lasts forever, and spreads it’s joy throughout the home.
2. What deserving mom doesn’t love the sound of this: a fun, monogrammed bag for the pool, beach, or summer outing? Top off this gift with a perfect pair of sunnies, and you’re going to have one happy lady on your hands. There’s just something about a summery-gift that makes a gal smile.
3. Don’t just give her jewelry this year, give her something with trend power! This season’s blooming floral print is knocking the socks off most women, and your mom deserves to be in style too. Shop around for the right color and the right size, but you’ll be sure to find adorable earrings, bracelets, and statement necklaces galore.
4. Fabulous moms love scarves… at least I know my fabulous mom does! A bright, summer scarf is the perfect small gift this season. It’s a must-have accessory, and your mom can style it with nearly anything in her closet. Try Old Navy or Forever 21!
5. With summer sun right around the corner, we all need to be in the market for an everyday hat! Your special lady deserves one, or even two… she can pack her adorable, summer hat anywhere and she’ll get a lot of use out of it. Go for a beach style hat or even a straw fedora with a colorful band.
6. Every holiday, we gift my mom a Pandora charm. It’s a gift she’ll always remember, and keep close to her heart. Recently, I found this Mother’s Day bracelet by Pandora and it’s simply stunning. You can always go for the Mother’s Day charm instead, too!
7. Feeling creative and crafty? Go for a fun DIY project or simply make her breakfast in bed. She does so much for everyone else, so let her kick back and relax. Make her something to keep or something to eat!
8. What’s better than a good read? I love this Coco Chanel book for the mommas because it still inspires women of all ages to look good and feel good in their bodies. I recommend finding mom a book that’s influential/inspirational this Mother’s Day!
Don’t miss today’s DISCOVER PIQUE blog post… Here’s a sneak #PIQUE
“She is clothed in strength and dignity, and she laughs without fear of the future.” – Proverbs 31:25
Don’t forget to enter the Discover Pique Mother’s Day Giveaway on Facebook for a chance to win a 3-month Pique membership for you and your mom!